Today’s tip is something I started incorporating into my daily life about a year ago.
When you are going about your regular routine, there are things you can do to increase your calorie burn during the day. These little activities will add up over time to help increase your weight loss results.
Here are a few tips:
1. When you go to the grocery store, park as far away as you can. This will add some walking time to and from the store. Try to walk briskly with purpose.
2. If you work at a computer, get up every two hours and walk, stretch, do leg lifts or jumping jacks for at least 10 minutes. If you do this three times a day, you just did a 30 minute workout! If you add that to P90X, Insanity, or one of our other workouts, you will see some great results!
3. Stand instead of sitting for folding laundry.
4. When you mop, try doing it the old fashioned way with rags – the aerobic workout is incredible! You are up and down and moving constantly.
5. Walk to get the mail if you have cluster boxes.
If you just put your thinking cap on, you will come up with a list of ways you can add activity to your day.
Here is your video for the day!
Did you think of any other ideas of ways to be more active during your day? Leave me a comment below!